Sunday, July 10, 2005

Sink or Swim

Today was fun and full of activities.

I woke up this morning. wow. Anyways, i got ready for church. I went to church and i ended up helping with the kids in the back building. It was a lot of fun. We made silly puddy. (or whatever) Then i helped fill up water balloons for todays Summer Survivor event.

I got home, and i ate to salami sandwhiches. Then i watered the new plants we got today. Then my dad picked me up to take me to the church. He dropped me off. Jess and I hung around till it was time to go to the place where the event was being held, Beauty Lake. It was really nice doing a water event on such a hot day.

We got there and began the first competition in Sink or Swim. It was launching water balloons. Three people from your team tryed to a water balloon into some marked squares. The rest of the team cheered. Andrew, Robin, and Amber. The second competition was canoeing. First it was the guys. Since we didn't have three guys (only two) Jess had to go in. They had to paddle the canoe around a marker and then come back and get the canoe on shore. The rest of the team cheered. We got second. Next was the girls. Robin, Kari, and Shalynn (i'm sorry i don't know how to spell) rowed for our team. We took first on that one. OH, i forgot about the real second competition. We had to go in the water and collect fruit. Now, the fourth competition, there were three people from each team who were in a canoe, and three people on the raft. The object was for the people in the canoe to try to hit people from the other teams with water balloons. If they got hit, then they'd have to be out. Jessie, Kari, and I were in the canoe; and Andrew, Robin, and Nate were on the raft. At the end Andrew and Nate were left with two other people from, I believe they were from the Green team. Then the next competition was choosing a boy and a girl from your team to try and see if they can tube the longest without falling off. Matt ripped the tube, so the guys didn't count. Chelsea won for the girls, she's on the blue team. I was still happy for her.

We decided after the events were done that we'd like to swim some more. So a few of us decided to go to O' brian. It was Matt, Brit, Jess, Jason, Brandon, Andy, Trevor, and me. Brit, Jess, and I rode with Matt. We got there before the other car. So we decided to get used to the water, to swim out to the booey (i'm so bad at spelling it isn't even funny, bare with me) Throughout our time there we did that like four or five times. We did some chicken fights and the guys threw the football around, a little. Then after an hour, we decided that was enough. So, we headed back. Jess and Brit got picked up by their mom and the church, and the rest of us got McDonald's. Jason gave me a dollar to get and ice cream cone. Yay. Then Matt brought me home, and picked up Andrew to play cards. And here I am now, posting. I feel very refreshed after the fireworks. Yay.

tootles! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was fun hanging with you guys at O'Brien. Thanks. I am sure you are so excited about Mike coming home. Have fun!!!
Brit

Natalie said...

yesterday was really fun. beauty lake felt really good. im in the library and its 90 degrees in here. well i have to get back to work (im on my break) ttyl!
love natalie

Chels said...

That was so much fun! I loved it. Pastor Aaron is awsome, for real. The whole summer survivor thing is sweet!

[ brooke ] said...

That event was kick awesome. I would've went swimming with you guys, but it didn't sound like you were gonna get another driver and I told Amber I would hang out with her.

[ brooke ] said...

And I enjoyed it.

[ brooke ] said...

OK, that sounded kinda snotty. Sorry.

Jenni said...

I'm sorry. I was forgetting about everybody. Very important people too. I knew you were there, i just forgot. That was for both Amber and Brandon. I'm sorry :(

tootles! :)

Jenni said...

There, everything is fixed now.

tootles! :)