Monday, September 05, 2005

You're really weird...

That I am. I am weird. It's been a little while since I last posted. So I can't remember what I've done since then. So I'm not going to try to recap it. I will only say what I did today. That rhymed. You can take that one to the bank.

It actually started in August. I think it might have been August 11. On our way to Valley Fair (hehe), we stopped at one of those areas where there are a billion fast food resturants everywhere. And it just so happens that the one you want to go to is the farthest away. So I ended up going to Burger King. As I was walking out, something familar looking caught my eye. Yes, it was Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. For, by this time, I had already seen it three times. But this was different. It said Omnimax at the top. So I grabbed another one for Brooke (I obviously knew she would want one if I showed her.) And as a I predicted, she asked, "Where did you get this?" "In there. (points to Burger King then shudders)" She starts heading for the door. "Ah, not so fast," I yell. She turns around. In my hand, I hold out another copy. I doubt she still has it. Well, anyways, I showed my dad and said that it would be cool to see it there. I didn't think anything of it, until today...

If you haven't already guessed, I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory today. (well, you should know what i'm talking about since i said Willy Wonka and Johnny Depp) According to the ticket, I went to see Charlie and Chocol. It's a touching story about how Charlie meets up with his old friend Chocol, and they have all sorts of crazy adventures. Chocol is made out of Chocolate. That chocolate came from a chocolate waterfall, and so on. I'm sorry, that was very weird and stupid of me.

Well, anyways. We went to see it at the Omnimax theature in Duluth. Those of you who do not know what that is, it's like the Palucci Space Theature, only much bigger. It's a big, round screen. The roundness was the problem. It made everything, curved. I thought it was funny. Somehow it fit with the bizarreness of the movie. I might be the only one who thought that. This being my fourth time seeing it, I knew the movie pretty well. So I was just looking at the backround and stuff. It being so big, you could really notice things you might have missed before. Or, was not possible to see before.

1. Tots are part of their meal at the end. Mrs. Bucket scoops some on to one of the plates.
2. Willy Wonka's cane is filled up with some sort of candy. Mike and I guessed Nerds.

3. Johnny Depp is wearing contacts. You could actually see them (well, Mike could)

So there. Some of that you could've just read off the internet, but you could actually see them on the big screen. haha.
I can't wait until it comes out on dvd. Then we can watch it non curved. (on our somewhat big screen, hehe)

I will always go back to that Burger King on trips...to remember...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a excellent blog. Keep it going. Here's a subject that interests many; how to buy & sell everything, like classic car for sale on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

Jenni said...

SPAMn!!!!!
Yes, that's exactly what i wanted. Thank you so much. idiots.

tootles! :0

Chels said...

Sorry about the spam! I went to see that at the Omnimax too! Unfortunately I hadn't seen it before, so the curved screen kind of ruined it. Oh well, once it comes out on DVD I'll probably watch it again (and again and again).

Colonel Havoc said...

Chelsea can watch it at our house...

...if she PROMISES to actually stay til the end of the movie this time.

Happy 18th.

Shainerz said...

That is such a great movie!! It's one where you can actually watch over and over without...well maybe eventually...getting annoyed by it.

Jilb said...

I'm glad that you finally posted and I'm jealous that you got to see Willy Wonka on that huge screen! Lucky

Reinman said...

Man, I really wanted to see "Charlie and Chocol."

That was the best blogagraph ever.

Natalie said...

that movie is great. i can't wait til it comes out on dvd! sweet. chocol.
love, natalie

[ brooke ] said...

I LOVE THAT MOVIE!

What did you give me? I don't even know what you're talking about. Seriously.

spartamom said...

jenn-you're funny. Brooke you're even funnier that you don't know what she's talking about. I'm glad you finally posted jen, I've been waiting to hear some deep thoughts by jenny reini. I was wondering if it was a good movie or not. Maybe I can get in on that reini theatres deal!

JC said...

Hey Jenn- good to hear from you! You and Brooke totally crack me up.

We saw National Treasure at the Palucci and the curved thing kinda threw me off. Fortunatly it was like the 4th time I had seen it.

Jenni said...

Hey, I should've made it so the story was that Charlie had to decide if his friend Chocol, made out of chocolate, lives or dies. Chocol is a chocolate talking pie.

tootles! :)